... step into my garden

Monday, July 2, 2012

Petrolhead Mayhem


I just realised I didn't even manage to post anything new after the Prometheus incident ... And quite a lot of things have happened. For example, I FINALLY managed to make one of my very old dreams come true when I made a short visit to the Green Chaos Monster Hell ...
the Nürburgring

yep ... raing is no fun on the 'Ring

car rental ... myeah...

anyone called for a cab?

pure madness...

The track is pure crazy and I would like all the mega-drivers who are under the impression that they know what fast driving is to do a lap and think again. On the 'Ring they will find some real drivers, who know what it means to go FAST. I don't want to say it is the perfect way to separate men from muppets, but I will say only really fast drivers can get to enjoy the experience. To be perfectly honest, I'd only qualify for a manly muppet or a muppet of a man at best ... it was at the limit, both very frightening and quite exciting at the same time. 80% of the corners are blind, meaning you have absolutely no idea what the heck comes next... unless you have someone with over 1200 laps sitting shotgun with you .... which I did (lucky me). As the man was telling me "Don't break! Turn in!" I was wondering "for real? are you freaking nuts?" ... but I was doing exactly what he was saying when he was saying ... I had a very very quick internal debate and we decided it's for the best... With all four tires squealing I would reach the end of the turn safely ... and gasp for some air quickly before the next turn came.

Unfortunately I only managed to do one lap, but it will be forever remembered as the greatest feat I achieved by car ... until I'll go there again.

Later Edit: I finally managed to find a photo of me after searching through mountains and mountains of images. So, there I am ... track attack mode

No comments: